Return to Work Preparations
We hope that you, your families and coworkers are faring well and remaining healthy as the COVID-19 pandemic evolves. Our top priority is to ensure the utmost safety of our tenants, building staff and visitors. We know that the best way to achieve this is by partnering with you, our tenants.
Below is a list of precautionary measures that we have put in place in preparation for “Return to Work”:
- We have installed hand washing signage in each restroom. As always, we will continue to have Safe T Gard tissue dispensers located in each restroom for you to utilize on the door handle when exiting the restrooms.
- We will continue our enhanced cleaning program for public areas, using an EPA registered disinfectant at an increased frequency on all touch points throughout the common areas including door handles, elevator buttons, restrooms, mailroom, etc.
- We have added hand sanitizing stations at both the 1875 and 1925 ingress/egress as well as at each elevator bank on the lobby level for all to utilize. We have installed hand sanitizing stations in each elevator lobby on the multi-tenant floors.
- Face coverings are optional for all of our employees and all building tenants and visitors while in the common areas of the building. All of our building staff will continue to utilize PPE (personal protective equipment) upon entering tenant suites if requested to do so by the tenant, including face coverings. Please note that, pursuant to the Los Angeles Health Order, businesses must provide medical grade face masks to employees where there is optional masking.
- Mail will continue to be delivered to the Mailroom and all deliveries will be allowed per usual.
- Each tower at Watt Plaza has two separate air handling stations–one for floors 1-11 and one for floors 12-23. They are constantly bringing in fresh air, mixed with some recirculated air when the air handler is in operation. All incoming and recirculated air is run through a filtration system using a Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value of 13 (commonly known as a MERV-13 standard). MERV-13, which is required to meet LEED standards, is generally considered “hospital grade” air filtration. These filters can trap up to 98% of airborne particles as small as .3 microns.
Watt Plaza and all tenants and visitors will remain subject to all applicable state and local orders and CDC guidelines to minimize risk of COVID-19 spread. Our return to the building will be guided by these orders, and we strongly encourage our tenants to establish their own protocols in compliance with state and local orders, CDC and WHO guidance.
We are carefully monitoring the latest guidance and best practices with regard to COVID-19 safety, and the applicable orders regarding social distancing requirements. As these guidelines and orders change, we may adjust these COVID-19 related policies and protocols accordingly. We will keep you updated on all changes that affect you.
Please feel free to contact the Building Management Office at (310) 789-2179 with any questions or concerns.