All deliveries and pick-ups are handled at the back of the building. Each tower is equipped with a loading dock and freight elevator.
During regular building hours (6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) deliveries must stay within the following guidelines:
- The size and scope of the delivery must not exceed the 60 minute time frame. For example, a delivery arriving at 6:00 a.m. should be completed in its entirety, by 7:00 a.m.
- Deliveries during the specified time should consist of a few small items or possibly 1 large item.
The loading dock door dimensions are 13' wide x 19' high.
Freight Elevator Usage
The interior dimensions of each freight elevator cab: 5’ 3” wide x 9’ deep. The rear half of the ceiling area is raised to a height of 10’. The doorway to the freight elevator is 4’ 6” wide by 8’ high.
Use of the freight elevator after-hours, weekends, or holidays must be approved in advance by Building Management. Operation of the freight elevator after-hours, weekends, or holidays requires the presence of a Building Security Officer; there is a 4 (four) hour minimum charge ($35.00 per hour) for the Security Officer and payment for such is the responsibility of the tenant.
During regular building hours (6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.), Monday through Friday, the freight elevator is available on a first-come, first-served basis; Security will issue an access card upon receipt of a current California Drivers’ License, valid photo I.D., or equivalent form from the delivery person. The access card will operate the freight elevator to the approved floors only.
Stacking more than 3 bankers or storage boxes on a dolly present a safety concern for other tenants, guests or visitors in the building who may be walking nearby; or may present an unnecessary hazard for individuals evacuating the building due to an emergency situation.
Transporting boxes (such as those used to transport court documents) on a dolly in any of the passenger elevators must meet the following criteria (see photos below):
- The maximum number of storage boxes is (3), which is equal to or less than a height limitation of 35 inches ;
- The dolly must have two rubber wheels to minimize noise and prevent damage to the tile floors;
- The boxes must be securely strapped down to the dolly to prevent them from falling off.
Under no circumstances are deliveries of large items requiring a cart exceeding the height requirement above or number of boxes as stated herein, permitted access through any of the passenger elevators in the building(s). Resulting damage will be billed back to the Tenant.
To eliminate redundancy and increase efficiency, the Building Management Office recommends that each tenant submit an Approved Vendor List (click here). The Approved Vendor List form:
- should be completed by the Authorized Suite Contact and sent to the Building Management Office via the ANGUS Work Order System. Please select the "Tenant Info Sheets" request type and attach the updated form.
- is for vendors making small deliveries during business hours only. Vendors listed on the “Approved Vendor List” will be provided floor access by Building Security automatically during business hours only.
- is essential for tenants to ensure that newspapers, periodicals or other deliveries are made to a tenant’s suite during normal business hours.
How do I schedule an after-hours delivery or pick-up?
- Contact the Building Management Office via the ANGUS Work Order System or call (310) 789-2179 at least 48 hours before the intended freight elevator and loading dock usage.
- Prior to making a freight reservation the following must be completed:
- The scheduled delivery or pick-up is confirmed via email/message by the Building Management Office.
All after-hours deliveries or pick-ups must commence at 6:00 p.m. and be completed by no later than 5:30 a.m., Monday through Friday. Delivery times can be flexible during the weekends and holidays, in accordance with Building Management approval.
Cancellations/Alterations need to be submitted in writing via Angus during business hours (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday excluding holidays) at least 48 hours before the confirmed freight elevator and loading dock usage in order for the request to be processed.
What happens when vendors arrive unannounced during business hours?
- Building Security will refer to the “Approved Vendor List”.
- If the tenant has not authorized the vendor in writing, Building Security will inform Building Management.
- The Building Management Office will confirm that the vendor’s insurance is in compliance with building requirements.
- Building Management will attempt to obtain access authorization from the Authorized Suite Contact via telephone and e-mail. Building Management will advise the Authorized Contact on the status of insurance compliance of the vendor.
- If the vendor insurance in not in accordance with Watt Plaza Vendor Insurance requirements, the Authorized Suite Contact may approve the vendor to make the delivery, provided the tenant agrees to be fully responsible for the vendor.
- All vendors will be required to provide valid identification.
- A sign-in/sign-out register is provided at the 1875 Building Security Desk. The register must be completed by all vendors to include name, company, time in, and time out.
Building Security cannot accept deliveries for tenants nor can they “hold” any items left unattended at the Security Desk.